We are hiring! There are new free spots within our ambitious student team. This page informs you about the roles and corresponding tasks that are present within the TU/e SkillsLab. By doing so, we aim to help you to formulate preferences for the various roles. However, do note that you apply for being a team member in general! During the job application process we will, together with you, find the team role that suits you based on your preferences. The deadline for application is 3 december 2017.
Within the TU/e SkillsLab we distinguish between three interdependent student teams: the Content Team, Branding Team and External Relations Team. All team member roles of the various teams take around 6 hours/week. Below you can find a more in-depth description of the different roles. However, as this might not answer all your questions we invite you to contact us at SkillsLab@tue.nl. We are available to tell you more while enjoying a cup of coffee.
Sure about applying already? Check out the application process at the bottom.
Team roles (6 hours/week)
So, TU/e SkillsLab has three teams: the Content Team, Branding Team and External Relations Team. But what do they do? Here you find a summary of there day-to-day activities.
Branding Team member
Our branding team is our creative brain reaching out to all TU/e master students to make them aware of the importance of professional skills and the activities we organize to support them. What they do on a daily basis:
- Use SkillsLab social media in a creative manner;
- Design SkillsLab flyers and banners for promotional activities;
- Create and organize offline promotions;
- Schedule and perform SkillsLab introductory information sessions together with the External Relations Team;
- Promote SkillsLab at events like careerdays and master events.
External Relations Team member
Our external relations team is widely connected within the TU/e network. They are our eyes and ears in a complex web of stakeholders. There daily activities are:
- Maintain contact with the program directors of all faculties: inform them about why and how to use SkillsLab;
- Maintain contact with the study associations: gather feedback about their experiences, wishes and needs;
- Maintain contact with other stakeholders within the university (Alumni Coach Network, ESoE, ESBC, Euflex, Integrand, UniPartners, Kivi, etc);
- Increase the use, relevance, reach and value of TU/e SkillsLab and its activities by maintaining contact with the parties stated above.
- Plan introductory information sessions together with the Branding Team;
Content Team member
Our content team is the organisational unit, setting up professional skill workshops and creating relevant online content to stimulate student development. On a daily basis, they are concerned with:
- Organizing workshops for students regarding academic writing, teamwork, presentation skills and leadership.
- Developing online content for professional skill development, e.g. online courses
Independent of the team, we ask all team members to be:
- Team players
Sure about applying for one of the teams already? Send us your motivation letter, team role preferences and CV via SkillsLab@tue.nl and we will contact you for a job interview. The deadline for application is 3 december 2017.